Delta Defense is the private company that provides Marketing, Operations and Customer Care for the USCCA. The USCCA provides self-defense education, training, and legal protection to the most responsible gun owners.
Delta Defense, LLC, is one of the fastest-growing companies in America.
Inc. 5000 company SEVEN years in a row!
Journal Sentinel Top Workplace – 4 years in a row
Milwaukee Business Journal Top Workplace – 3 years in a row
We are a fun, fast-paced and rewarding place to work and grow!
We hire rockstars, and help them rock even harder!
Position Summary: To assist the Managing Editor and Content Team in the creation of Concealed Carry Magazine and other duties as assigned by the Managing Editor. To represent USCCA at events.
- Research and write “departments segments for the magazine including but not limited to Letters To the Editor, Ask the USCCA, Book Reviews
- Assist with copy editing and proofing the magazine during the production cycle
- Assist the Managing Editor in meeting all deadlines and budgets
- Assist the Managing Editor in arranging and acquiring content from freelancers
- Assist the Managing Editor in providing and documenting payments to freelancers
- Maintain current working knowledge of the firearms, self-defense and firearms publishing industries.
- Be willing and able to work with minimal supervision on multiple projects in support of the USCCA mission
- Assist in procuring, organizing and inventory of photo props for monthly photo shoots
Skills/Abilities and Education Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Communications/Journalism is preferred
- Must have previous publishing experience
- Must have the ability to work within a team to achieve the media team goal
- Must have strong written and spoken communication skills
- Must be willing to maintain the highest professional and ethical standards at all times
- Must have experience and/or willingness to learn multiple computer software platforms for the all elements of magazine creation
- Must demonstrate a respect for firearms safety rules and be willing to maintain a safe working environment with firearms and ammunition at all times
- Must be willing and able to work with media outlets to present the USCCA story and core values
- Must demonstrates the Core Values of Delta Defense, LLC.
THIS IS A FULL TIME POSITION AT OUR HEADQUARTERS IN WEST BEND WISCONSIN
Apply at: https://www.deltadefense.com/