Delta Defense, LLC, is one of the fastest-growing companies in America.
Inc. 5000 company SEVEN years in a row!
Journal Sentinel Top Workplace – 3 years in a row
Milwaukee Business Journal Top Workplace – 3 years in a row
We are a fun, fast-paced and rewarding place to work and grow!
We hire rockstars, and help them rock even harder!
Apply at: https://www.deltadefense.com/
We’re looking for someone who believes strongly in the second amendment, has a strong interest in the firearms and personal protection world, and loves building connections with like-minded people. Beyond that, as our community launches and grows, you may be asked to manage a team of community moderators as you continue to grow engagement in the USCCA Community Platform.
We want you to Rock for the USCCA, and to do so in this position, it’s imperative that you:
- Carry – live the lifestyle
- Have a positive and outgoing personality and perspective – well liked, loves to talk, genuinely like to build relationships
- Write and Speak Well – represent the USCCA
- Persuasive – “selling and negotiation” skills
- Experience participating in an online Community a Must, building an online community a Plus
- Initiative to make experience better for all, high level thinker who can establish one-to-one relationships (does not get distracted by single or few “off-point” participants, stays positively engaged with the majority)
- Drive meaningful engagement on our online community platform
- Develop and execute strategy for growing an online community, converting newcomers into regular members
- Manage a community platform (Discourse) with recommendations on content, features and engagement ideas
- Analyze data to come up with ways to systematically improve the community
- Putting together content calendars
- Gathering/Creating content that is likely to attract and maintain members of a community
- Maintain relationships with our community members
- Ability to constructively correct problems within a community
- Create and moderate differently online events for the community
- Collaborate with the IT team to keep the community platform working and updated
- Understand and advocate for what gives the user a good experience on the community platform
- Optimize areas of the platform to keep users engaged and operations running smoothly
- Advocate for the wants and needs of community members as far as USCCA memberships, etc.
- Able to eventually manage community moderators and teach them the correct ways of communicating with our community members
Skills/Abilities and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Communications preferred
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience engaging in an online community
- Experience building and/or managing an online community a plus
- Creative thinking, who is able to form meaningful and deep connections with community members and make them feel important and keep them coming back
- Analytical capabilities and interest – such as predicting how community members are likely to interact
- Maintain strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills for communicating with team members
- General knowledge of Online Community Platforms (Discourse preferred)
- Prepared to grow and shift responsibilities as the community itself grows
- 1-3 years of managing other team members preferred
- Demonstrates the Core Values of Delta Defense, LLC